Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my all time favorite soups! It's thick and hearty similar to a chili, but has the same flavor as traditional stuffed peppers! Using extra-lean ground beef, 98% fat free beef broth, and brown rice make this recipe surprisingly healthy. It's very easy to make and also freezes well. Serve up with some crusty bread and you have a one pot dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 3 large green bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low-sodium low-fat beef broth
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I like petite diced, could also use crushed)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- Brown ground beef in a large pot. Drain off fat after it is cooked.
- Add diced peppers and onions to pot.
- Pour in tomato soup, beef broth, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add brown rice, cook until peppers and onions reach desired tenderness and soup thickens.