Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my all time favorite soups! It's thick and hearty similar to a chili, but has the same flavor as traditional stuffed peppers! Using extra-lean ground beef, 98% fat free beef broth, and brown rice make this recipe surprisingly healthy. It's very easy to make and also freezes well. Serve up with some crusty bread and you have a one pot dinner.
- Brown ground beef in a large pot. Drain off fat after it is cooked.
- Add diced peppers and onions to pot.
- Pour in tomato soup, beef broth, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer.
- Add brown rice, cook until peppers and onions reach desired tenderness and soup thickens.