Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something to do with your sourdough discard instead of wasting it! You can also use active sourdough starter for this instead of discard, I've used both successfully. This is a modification of this: http://yumarama.com/blog/2008/06/worlds-best-pancakes-starter-discard-rescue-recipe/ to make it a bit healthier!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (more as needed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sourdough starter
- 1 cup pumpkin
- Dump all in a bowl.
- Preheat pan w/non-stick spray.
- Whisk together. Add more milk as needed.
- Test pan for readiness by waiting until water droplets sizzle.
- Drop by 1/4 c amounts onto hot pan. Flip when bubbly.
Thank you, thank YOU!! I was looking for something to use up some starter (wasn't up for making bread!)...and had some leftover pumpkin in the fridge from an earlier batch of pumpkin bread. I threw this together in a few seconds, made pancakes and have wrapped/frozen them. They will be a WONDERFUL breakfast!! Oh... and they are absolutely delishious, too! (I only had buttermilk, but they were still good!)