Recipe by Kim A. Heaphy
This is a recipe I picked up many years ago and have modified it to my needs. It is low fat, low sugar and lots of flavour with a chewy texture. The use of protein powder gives me a cookie I can indulge in after my workout and feel good about the treat.
Top Review by yogiclarebear
Not bad! They were a little difficult to form--sticky but kindof crumbly. But worth the trouble for a healthy cookie. I used Sugar Twin (brown) in place of the brown sugar. I also did not use dried fruit.
- 250 ml whole wheat flour
- 180 ml unflavoured soya protein powder
- 375 ml old fashion oatmeal (large flake)
- 5 ml salt
- 5 ml baking soda
- 8 ml cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 ml nutmeg
- 250 ml raisins or 250 ml other dried fruit (optional)
- 200 ml applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 125 ml lightly packed brown sugar
- 5 ml real vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, protein powder, oatmeal, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins.
- Mix together in separate bowl mix together apple sauce, egg whites, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine apple sauce mixture with dry ingredients.
- Roll and flatten out cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet (dampen hands. with water to prevent dough from sticking to your fingers).
- Cook at 350 F for 10 minutes.
- Note: For added flavour, substitute about 1/2 the raisins with dried cranberries.