Recipe by rtroscinski
This is my own variation of a couple different recipes, packed full of fibre, these cookies are chewy, very chewy, almost a whole meal a cookie.
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional i never add it)
- 3 cups large flake 100% whole grain Quaker Oats (not minute oats)
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips or 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375.
- beat sugars and margarine together, add orange juice, corn syrup, vanilla, and apple sauce; beat well.
- in a separate bowl mix together: flour, flax seed, wheat bran, baking soda, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add oats and chocolate chips to flour mix and stir well.
- Add dry mix to sugar mixture; stir until well blended.
- Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 275 for 10 min, take out and let cool on a wire rack or wax paper.