Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
A yummy bran muffin recipe that is moist, full of flavor, and is good for your heart and digestive tract. The recipe is from the Ladies Home Journal March 09' issue.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-bran cereal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- optional sugar crystals
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, finely grind half of the cereal. Add the raisins to the mixture, but do not grind them. Transfer the mixture to a bowl with remaining cereal, flour, whole-wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine butter, eggs, yogurt, molasses, and vanilla. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Line muffin tin with baking cups. Fill each just more than halfway. Sprinkle generously with sugar crystals, if desired (they add a good taste). Bake until muffins spring back when touched or when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Remove from tin and allow to cool slightly.
Yummy, moist muffin. I didn't use the molasses, as I'm not real fond of the taste. I subbed in corn syrup instead. :)