1/1 Photo of Healthy Low-Fat Creamy Chicken Cranberry Apple Pasta
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
This is an amazing dish... gets the rants at dinners! We have made this multiple times, each a hit! Don't be shy to try out a pasta dish with some sweet and savory pairings! You will enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tart cooking apples, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne
- chopped fresh chives, to top with
- grated sharp cheddar cheese, to top with
- 1In a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray, brown the chicken strips in batches and then transfer into a bowl.
- 2Spray skillet again, and add green onions, apples, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring for about 3 minutes to soften.
- 3Add vinegar, scraping any bits stuck to pan.
- 4Stir in evaporated milk and cranberries, bringing to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring often, for about 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 6Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook whole wheat pasta for about 10 minutes or until at your desired tenderness. Drain and return to the pot.
- 7Add chicken and any accumulated juices to the sauce; simmer for about three minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- 8Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Season with additional salt and pepper.
- 9Serve sprinkled with chives and with cheddar cheese in side dish to top with, along with a side salad and bread. Dont let it sit to long in pot before serving -- the pasta will absorb the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Low-Fat Creamy Chicken Cranberry Apple Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 310.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 22.8 g