Breakfast muffins made with heart-healthy olive oil and oat bran, and are low in fat, while still tasting delicious. Try them!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Line muffin cups of standard muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a measuring cup combine milk and vinegar; set aside.
- 4In a large bowl combine 7 dry ingredients. Make a well in the center; set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine milk and next 5 ingredients.
- 6Pour wet mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and slightly lumpy.
- 7Pour into muffin pan.
- 8Make the streusel topping by combining flour and cinnamon. Stir in oil until mixture represents course crumbs. Stir in apple. Sprinkle over batter.
- 9Bake 15-18 minutes, or until tops are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- 10Cool for 5 minutes in pan on rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy, Low-Fat Apple-Ginger Oat-Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.5
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.1 mg
- Sodium 250.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g