Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Breakfast muffins made with heart-healthy olive oil and oat bran, and are low in fat, while still tasting delicious. Try them!!!
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-light olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped unpeeled apple
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon extra-light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped unpeeled apples
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line muffin cups of standard muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a measuring cup combine milk and vinegar; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 7 dry ingredients. Make a well in the center; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk and next 5 ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into the well of the dry ingredients and mix until just combined and slightly lumpy.
- Pour into muffin pan.
- Make the streusel topping by combining flour and cinnamon. Stir in oil until mixture represents course crumbs. Stir in apple. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 15-18 minutes, or until tops are golden and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes in pan on rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.