1/1 Photo of Healthy Hot Cocoa With Almonds
Perfect way to start the day. Cocoa powder is actually quite healthy, at least when the milk is left out of it. The almonds aren't just a beneficial alternative, it makes for a very tasty and distinct hot cocoa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and almonds in a blender. Blend until smooth. It's hard to blend almonds perfectly smooth. I dont mind some chunks, but you can always blend more if you want.
- 2Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT boiling water and stir (or give it a short whir with the blender).
- 3Poor into a cup, along with the boiling water.
- 4TIP: This should result in a temperature that is just right for scoffing down immediately. If you want it hotter - let's say you don't want to chug it in one big swallow - use more boiling water and less blending water to suit your needs.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Hot Cocoa With Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 93.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g