Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The pretzels in this add a great crunch that you can't get from breadcrumbs alone. The squash puree adds a veggie sneak attack for picky kids (and picky adults too!) I let my six year old crush the pretzels with a rolling pin. He ate three helpings of this dish! For the squash puree I used organic baby food
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed unsalted pretzels
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprays nonfat cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the chicken into small chunks.
- mix breadcrumbs, pretzels and seasonings.
- Mix squash puree, egg, honey and mustard.
- Coat each piece of chicken with mustard mixture and then roll in pretzel mixture until thickly coated.
- Heat oil and cooking spray in a large skillet.
- lightly fry chicken about five minutes on each side.