The pretzels in this add a great crunch that you can't get from breadcrumbs alone. The squash puree adds a veggie sneak attack for picky kids (and picky adults too!) I let my six year old crush the pretzels with a rolling pin. He ate three helpings of this dish! For the squash puree I used organic baby food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely crushed unsalted pretzels
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 sprays nonfat cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Cut the chicken into small chunks.
- 2mix breadcrumbs, pretzels and seasonings.
- 3Mix squash puree, egg, honey and mustard.
- 4Coat each piece of chicken with mustard mixture and then roll in pretzel mixture until thickly coated.
- 5Heat oil and cooking spray in a large skillet.
- 6lightly fry chicken about five minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Honey Mustard and Pretzel Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 156.5 mg
- Sodium 251.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat breadcrumbs