Recipe by Jenny Frenny
A friend gave this recipe to me. It is a good all pupose granola recipe. She puts the nuts in a food processor and chops them so small her kids can't see them to pick them out. After it is baked you can add any dried fruit you may want.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Put water and brown sugar in a large microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 5 minutes or unil sugar is dissolved when stirred.
- Remove from microwave. Add the salt and vanilla and stir well.
- Add oats and nuts, mix well.
- Spread a thin layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.