This is an amazing little recipe, I just threw together tonight. It turned out beautifully. Rich flavors, and simple ingredients.
- 10 ounces raw shrimp, cleaned
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse salt
- 5 large tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups spinach, raw chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 10 ounces cooked angel hair pasta
- In a small bowl add shrimp, 2 cloves of minced garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 T of oil, salt and pepper. Mix all together, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add tomatoes. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from water, run under cold water, until tomatoes are cooled, then peel the skin and chop. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat 1 T oil, Add in Shrimp, cook only 3-5 minutes, until shrimp is pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the skillet, there will be residue from the shrimp. Heat back up, add the other 2 cloves of minced garlic, and pepper flakes, once there is an aromatic smell, add the tomatoes, Italian spice, and oregano. Turn the heat down to Med Low, and cook the tomatoes slowly for about 10-15 minutes. Once they have broken down a bit, add the spinach on top of the tomatoes, and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 5-10 minutes on Medium Low. Once the spinach has wilted, mix into the tomatoes, add the lemon juice,and a little salt. Serve over your pasta, and add shrimp. A sprinkle of parm is good to add on top.