Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious alternative to the frozen variety. From Parents magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb tilapia fillet, or, halibut, cut into 24 strips
- 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil, divided
- In a large bowl, mix flour, mustard, salt and pepper; add buttermilk & eggs.
- Dredge fish in egg mixture then panko.
- In a pan, heat some oil on medium-high. Saute fish in batches with more oil until done, about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.