Recipe by spatchcock
This is an amazing recipe. I've served this to guests and it was a huge hit.
Top Review by ciao
Wow is this delicious! My kids love eggnog--my 4 year old son calls it "butter juice"--and they were asking for some, so I bought egg beaters and knew I could find a recipe here. Yours looked good, and it is! In my haste to get it ready quickly for the kids. I just threw it all in my blender, with a few ice cubes as well. It was perfect! Used all ingredients as you specified,and it's a perfect blend of flavors. The kids, and my husband and I absolutely loved it! Thanks meow! We'll use this recipe from now on.
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute (equivalent of 6 eggs)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups low-fat milk or 2 cups skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Refrigerate liquids in advance.
- Beat the egg substitute for 2 or 3 minutes with an electric mixer at medium speed until very frothy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Stir in the milk by hand.
- Chill before serving.
- Let guests add their own rum or brandy or a sprinkle of nutmeg, if desired.