Recipe by LiLMissMuffet
A pasta salad that tastes great and is healthy too. Can be served as a side dish, a meal or a snack. Everyone I've made it for loves it. Its not original but by changing it up a little bit you can get lots of different variations. I like to add more of one thing then the other to suit my own tastes. Keep in mind that this salad tastes even better the day after being made and is better served really cold so you may even want to make it a day ahead of time.
Top Review by Laura the novice
This was really easy and I really liked that it was healthy. Next time I'll cut back on the amount of veggies just cause I really enjoyed the pasta and I found that the veggies sometimes took away from that. Other than that it was a hit at my families Easter potluck. Oh yeah, it's even better the next day.
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- 2 1⁄4 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium red bell peppers (I like to use one of each to add color) or 2 medium green bell peppers (I like to use one of each to add color)
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, thinly sliced (I leave this out)
- 1 medium red onion
For the dressing
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise (or regular depending on how you want it to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, don't add salt. 3-5 minutes before the pasta is done add the carrots and broccoli (add bell peppers here too if you want them a little cooked). Drain all the contents and rinse with cold water, then drain again.
- Put the celery, onion, and bell peppers(If you haven't already added them) into a large mixing bowl. Add the pasta mix and gently toss.
- Begin making the dressing in a medium bowl by whisking together the yogurt, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, and dill weed. You may want to add more parsley/lemon juice and/or dill weed to suit your own tastes.
- Pour half the dressing into the bowl with the pasta and toss well. Put the remaining dressing covered into the refrigerator separately. Cover and refrigerate the pasta mix for at least one hour preferably longer. Serve the salad with the extra dressing on the side.