Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Healthy and Low-Calorie.
Make and share this Healthy Crock Pot Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 3 bell peppers (green, red and yellow)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- Chop peppers, onion and chicken into bite size pieces.
- Saute the above with spices until vegetables are soft and chicken is no longer pink.
- Dump chicken mixture into crock pot with green chilis (drained), corn, tomatoes and only one can of beans (drained).
- Puree remaining can of beans in it's own liquid with hand blender or food processor.
- Add to crock pot and cook for 4-6 hours on low.
This wasn't even close to chili. I ate the left overs at school and my students thought I was eating taco filling. The taste was bland.
This is an excellent recipe for a cross section of people. I make and serve for church meetings and always get compliments-and it's not me but this wonderful recipe. Delicious. I don't make any substitutions, but might try some of the suggestions others have made-then again, it's so good you don't have to do anything different!
I would give this more stars if I could. The only substitution I make is to use chili beans. I use Trader Joes Frozen Fire Roasted Bell Peppers and Onions (the whole bag) to save time. This recipe is so great, that I don't even add the chicken - it doesn't need it! My husband asks for this often, served up with Trader Joes Beer Bread. Mmmmm - thanks for the recipe!