Recipe by jingli14
I love oatmeal and I like them creamy without all the carbs of having a higher oat to milk ratio so came up with this funny idea! And I am a lazy person so I don't like having to wash so many things... so microwave and having everything done in 1 bowl is ideal hahaha. I'm not even sure where this idea came from and I am sure slight alterations would be fine but the proportions work fine for me and I like how it tastes so here it is. I hope people enjoy it as much as I do (: you can also vary it with different flavours like cocoa powder (don't put applesauce then), which I sometimes throw in with instant coffee powder to have a mocha oatmeal. yums. (: and I divide the milk mainly because I didn't want to splash milk/egg over the sides or onto my clothes when I am whisking them. but if you're doing it with a bigger bowl then you probably don't need to separate them.. you guys can comment and tell me how that works out (:
- 2 tablespoons oatmeal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce (i used homemade ones!)
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup milk, divided
- cinnamon (as much as you like! I love cinnamon so I put A LOT)
- 1 dash nutmeg
- sugar or artificial sweetener
- blueberries (my favourites but any fruit you like will do as topping) or apples (my favourites but any fruit you like will do as topping) or raisins (my favourites but any fruit you like will do as topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the egg white and half the milk into a bowl and whisk it until well-mixed. Get rid of any excess foam (a tiny bit is fine)
- Add in all the other ingredients except for the topping.
- Microwave for 1.5min on medium high then take it out and stir.
- Microwave in 1-1.5min intervals on medium until it's your desired creaminess.
- Put on topping and enjoy.