1/2 Photos of Healthy Cocoa Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
One of my favorite pancakes ever! These are delicious, chocolaty pancakes with high fiber, reduced fat, reduced sugar, and even some fruit snuck in there (shh... don't tell!). Very yummy, very satisfying. If you wish to enjoy these plain, boost the sugar and the chocolate chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup skim milk or 3/4 cup 1% low-fat milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons skim milk or 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten or 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pureed overripe banana
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk chocolate chips, mini (or semi-sweet)
- strawberry jam (warmed) or raspberry jam (warmed) or caramel sauce (warmed)
- 1In a small bowl whisk milk, egg whites, vanilla, and banana.
- 2In large bowl, mix flours, cocoa powder, sugar, flax seed, baking soda and salt.
- 3Add wet mixture to dry, and whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened, folding in chocolate chips.
- 4Pour pancakes onto greased griddle (at about 350-375°F) and let sit until lightly bubbling and edges have began to firm. Flip and cook until firm and browned. Top with jam or a sweet sauce.
- 5FREEZING INSTRUCTIONS: If you make these to freeze them, don't make the topping. Cool the pancakes on a wire rack, and then when they are completely cool, wrap them in tinfoil (I wrap them in packs of two for 1 serving) and freeze. Microwave until warm, then toast to unfreeze them.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Cocoa Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.3 mg
- Sodium 298.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g