Recipe by Perfect Pixie
This is a healthy alternative to what you get in the stores, but still with all the taste. If you don't like anchovies I would not bother making it, as it isn't nearly as good without them
Top Review by Chef floWer
Yum! I made this for my father in laws birthday party/New Years eve party and everyone really enjoyed it. I did two batches one with lettuces leaf only and the other with red capsicums, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and carrot. I had to leave out the walnuts because one of our guest has a nut allergy. The dressing seemed a little thick so I added more lemon and balsamic vinegar to the dressing to thin it down a little, the flavour of the dressing was really yummy. Thank you Perfect Pixie
- 2 large head romaine lettuce, outer leaves removed & discarded
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons roasted tahini
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovies, drained of oil, rinsed and chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lettuce.
- cut into bite size pieces.
- and dry.
- Try to get lettuce as dry as possible so dressing is not diluted.
- If you have a salad spinner it is best.
- Blend dressing ingredients together for 1-2 minutes, drizzling olive oil at end a little at a time.
- Toss romaine with desired amount of dressing and walnuts if using them.
- There will be dressing left over.
- It saves very well in your refrigerator for 2 weeks.