Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the American Heart Association. Cook time includes chilling time.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, cottage cheese, buttermilk, and onion.
- Process until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process 10 seconds more.
- Cover and refrigerate. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
I was hoping for a more healthy dressing recipe. Unfortunately, the texture was something I could not get around. Sorry.
This was a very nice dressing that had lots of taste and and between eating a salad and dipping it in veggies the next day all gone except for the empty Mason jar. All the ingredients went together perfectly and I wouldn't change anything, except I added ground black pepper to mine. Perfect and not overpowering. The hot pepper sauce added just the right balance and depth of flavor. Thanks janem!