Recipe by JoyfulCook
A great tasting rice salad with lots of vegetables, you can add so many things from Shrimps to smoked salmon, Bacon or Ham to give it variation. Its easy to put together and simply great for outdoor meals, picnics or buffets when you are expecting a crowd as its easy to double up
- 709.77 ml rice, long grain, cooked
- 1 celery rib, small dice
- 1 onion, Brown small, diced
- 1 capsicum, red, diced
- 1 capsicum, Green, diced
- 200 g mushrooms, canned
- 2 bacon, rashers cooked
- 14.79 ml olive oil, Garlic infused
- 14.79 ml salad dressing, Italian, fat free
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice, wash it well and leave to drain and cool - in the meantime dice up all the vegetables and cut the mushrooms in half - at least.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a non stick frypan or saucepan, add the Onion, capsicum, mushrooms and celery. Saute´until cooked through. Add to the rice stir well adding some seasoning then toss in the bacon and add the Italian dressing.
- Chill and serve.
- N.B if you do not have infused Olive Oil crush up a small clove of garlic and add to the oil.