Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty stuff! From www.hillphysicians.com
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth or 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onion, mushrooms and parsley in ¼ cup broth until vegetables are tender.
- Combine cornstarch, pepper, and ½ cup of broth; stir until smooth.
- Add to pan with the remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; boil for 2 minutes.
I am really trying to watch our calories and was so excited to find this recipe. I was very surprised as was my husband how good it was! My children even enjoyed it.
Unfortunately instead of gravy I made slime w/ the recipe... maybe it was my home-made chicken broth instead of using boxed/canned broth?
This was awesome. Though I didn't have any mushrooms on hand and used dried parsley (1 T.) and added some finely chopped carrots for color. This is the best gravy recipe I've ever tasted. Thanks so much for posting.