Prep 9 hrs
Cook 40 mins
This is a lower fat, calorie, and sugar version of an old favorite. Enjoy! The nutrition label does not recognize the sugar-free caramel. Mine that I use is 90 cals/2T. When you add 3/4 c of that and divide it by 16, your serving moves up to 176 calories/serving. Not bad at all! :)
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar-free caramel topping
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together and knead about 8 times on a floured surface. Roll dough into 2 strips.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl cut dough into small 2/2in pieces.
- Pour cinnamon sugar on top of dough and mix.
- Mix carmel and vanilla in separate bowl.
- Pour on top of cinnamon sugar biscuit pieces.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan and bake 40-45 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before eating.