Whole Wheat Bread Monkey Bread
photo by roxy_froggy25
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- 1 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Move oven rack to the lowest position.
- Grease 2 8x4'' loaf pans.
- Stir all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well blended.
- Pour evenly into pans. Sprinkle each filled pan with 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake loaves 50-60 mins or til tooth pick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, and remove bread from pans, and place top side up on wire rack.
- Cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT BAKING!! I love being in the kitchen, mixing up new recipes, and old ones. I love to see the reaction of peoples faces. I even enjoy making a bad recipe, because i learn from my mistakes, and then just a try a different recipe.