1/2 Photos of Healthier Refried Beans
These were so easy, fast and tasted wonderful. Makes a very small amount, which is nice if you have a smaller family. From Eillie Krieger's Healthy Appetite show. If you like it smoother, you can use a potato masher or a stick blender to mush the beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic and chili powder and cook for 1 minute more.
- 4Stir in the beans and chicken broth and cook until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- 5Mash the beans coarsely with the back of a wooden spoon, adding more chicken broth to moisten, if needed.
- 6Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 7Stir in the cilantro.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Refried Beans
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g