1/1 Photo of Healthier Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Red Jenny's Note:
My healthified version of the Quaker oatmeal cookies. Very tasty, even with the healthy substitutions. Still fairly buttery. If you like a sweeter cookie, you can add a little more sugar, and if you find the banana flavour too strong, try applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium banana, mashed (should be about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (cultured butter gives the best flavour)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat together banana, butter and sugars until creamy.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in raisins.
- 4Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats and salt; mix well.
- 5Add butter mixture to flour mixture and mix well.
- 6Refrigerate dough until cool, then shape tablespoonfuls of dough into round flattened cookie shapes (I think this gives the best results). Or to save time or if you like a more cake-like cookie, you can simply drop tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthier Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.8
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 55.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g