Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Eating flax seed is a healthy choice. For cancer patients it is almost a regular part of our diet. In knowing this I am trying to incorporate as much as I can into my baking and having the food taste delicious. I love cake mix cookies because they are fast and easy so here is my adaption of yummy and healthy. Oh yes you do not taste a difference. DH is a cookie connosieur and he still does not know. cooking time is for each batch of cookies.
Top Review by katew
I did this as a bar cookie with great results. I used a choc cake mix and choc chips as well. Was almost like a brownie in look but with texture. Very enjoyable indeed and quick to make.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix (or any flavor you choose)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed (I use Red Mill)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, oats and1/2 c oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Add additional oil as needed to get a cookie dough consistancy.(should not be crumbly).
- Stir in raisins or chocolate chips if using.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned- cokies will look very light, that is ok do not over bake.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove and cool completely.