Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Eating flax seed is a healthy choice. For cancer patients it is almost a regular part of our diet. In knowing this I am trying to incorporate as much as I can into my baking and having the food taste delicious. I love cake mix cookies because they are fast and easy so here is my adaption of yummy and healthy. Oh yes you do not taste a difference. DH is a cookie connosieur and he still does not know. cooking time is for each batch of cookies.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix (or any flavor you choose)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flax seed (I use Red Mill)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional) or 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, eggs, oats and1/2 c oil in large bowl. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until blended. Add additional oil as needed to get a cookie dough consistancy.(should not be crumbly).
- Stir in raisins or chocolate chips if using.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned- cokies will look very light, that is ok do not over bake.
- Cool 1 minute on baking sheet.
- Remove and cool completely.
I did this as a bar cookie with great results. I used a choc cake mix and choc chips as well. Was almost like a brownie in look but with texture. Very enjoyable indeed and quick to make.
Moist cookies, which are very easy to make and everyone will love! My husband even like them and that is saying a great deal, since he passed over his favorite peanut butter cookies for these.
These cookies are very easy to make. Very moist too. I have taken these cookies as a snack for after soccer games and the kids love them.