This recipe can be used for cup cakes as well. Instead of using the chocolate frosting you can decorate with fresh strawberries and drizle the with chocolate sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin (puree in a can)
- 1⁄4 olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a spring form cake pan with cooking spray and coat lightly with flour.
- Combine cocoa and baking chocolate in a bowl and add boiling water stirring until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, vanilla, egg, milk and pumkin puree. Add flour, baking powder and baking soda to mixture. Combine.
- Stir in cocoa and dark chocolate chips to mixture and combine with batter. Spoon the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle cake with topping ingredients.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for at least 10 minutes and remove form pan. Cool completely.
- Combine frosting ingredients and spread over cake. Enjoy!