Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
So good-tasting and so good for you! In addition to vitamin-rich blueberries and apples, this contains flaxseed, a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, minerals, and amino acids.
- 1 navel orange
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- From orange, grate 1/2 t. peel.
- Remove remaining peel and white pith from orange and discard.
- Section orange.
- In blender, combine orange peel, orange sections, yogurt, blueberries, apple, ice, honey, and flaxseed. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour into 1 tall glass.
- Garnish with granola, if desired.
Doubled the recipe for 2 of us & that worked out fine, & with the frozen berries, I opted out of using the ice cubes! GREAT, THOUGH SUBTLE TASTE COMBO with the fruit, yogurt & flax seed! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]