Recipe by Dib's
You can easily sub pecans for the hazelnuts if you wish-a great holiday gift basket item!
- 1 3⁄4 cups chopped hazelnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 5 (1 5/8 ounce) chocolate candy bars, broken
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 15 x 10 inch jellyroll pan with aluminum foil.
- Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle foil with 1 cup hazelnut pieces.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat bring sugar, butter and water to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook, still stirring, 12 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 310 degrees-hard crack stage.
- Pour hot mixture evenly over hazelnut pieces.
- Let stand 20 seconds.
- Sprinkle remaining hazelnuts on top.
- Chill for 30 minutes in your refrigerator.
- Turn out toffee onto a cutting board, remove foil.
- Break into pieces with a rolling pin.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Cooking time includes chill time.