Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This ias an adopted recipe. I haven't tried them yet but I bet they'd make a great addition to the cookie tray for Cmas. Even make good gifts. I've added a note at the end of the directions.
- 4 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄8 cup flour
- 5 ounces hazelnuts, finely ground, divided
- 25 amarena cherries (drained and cut in half, SEE NOTE)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Mix butter, icing sugar and egg yolk, add flour, salt and 1/2 the hazelnuts.
- Foam the eggwhite in a small bowl.
- Put the remaining hazelnuts into another.
- Form balls(from step 2 mixture)of about 2 inches(5 cm).
- Dip first in egg white then in hazelnuts and place on baking tray, flattening them slightly.
- Form a little hole in the middle and place half an amarena cherry in it.
- If you cannot find amarena cherries, use drained dry maraschino cherries.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned.