Toasted hazelnuts, chocolate, coffee, and nutella make this cookie special! Good with a cuppa.
Make and share this Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening (I use butter flavor Crisco)
- 1⁄2 cup nutella, plus
- 1⁄4 cup additional nutella, for drizzling, if desired
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee granules (such as Taster's Choice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts (ground or finely chopped)
- 36 hazelnuts (whole)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream sugars with the butter, shortening and 1/2 cup nutella.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add coffee granules, mix well.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- Add chocolate chips and ground nuts to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Gently press a whole hazelnut into the center of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. With a spatula transfer warm cookies to rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, drizzle melted 1/4 cup nutella mixed with 2 teaspoons of water over tops of cookies, if desired. Cool completely.
- Note: May be stored in an air tight container, with parchment paper between layers. These cookies freeze well.