1/2 Photos of Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Toasted hazelnuts, chocolate, coffee, and nutella make this cookie special! Good with a cuppa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening (I use butter flavor Crisco)
- 1/2 cup nutella, plus
- 1/4 cup additional nutella, for drizzling, if desired
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dry instant coffee granules (such as Taster's Choice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts (ground or finely chopped)
- 36 hazelnuts (whole)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, cream sugars with the butter, shortening and 1/2 cup nutella.
- 3Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Add coffee granules, mix well.
- 4In a medium bowl, blend the flour, baking soda, and salt with a wire whisk.
- 5Add chocolate chips and ground nuts to the flour mixture. Stir well.
- 6Add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stir just until blended.
- 7Drop by tablespoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) two inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- 8Gently press a whole hazelnut into the center of each cookie.
- 9Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet 5 minutes. With a spatula transfer warm cookies to rack to finish cooling.
- 10Once cooled, drizzle melted 1/4 cup nutella mixed with 2 teaspoons of water over tops of cookies, if desired. Cool completely.
- 11Note: May be stored in an air tight container, with parchment paper between layers. These cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 96.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 1.7 g