1/1 Photo of Hazelnut Chicken With Pear Sauce & Blue Cheese
1 hr 15 mins
Chef George S.'s Note:
I had something similar in a restaurant, but it was deep fried and they used strawberry jam. This is my Oregon version of a generic recipe. If you don't care for blu cheese, feta works nicely. This can be served with a salad of tossed greens dressed with a vinagrette for a lunch or light dinner. Try a rose wine or a fruit flavored beer to accompany. Preparation time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 158.51 ml hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 59.14 ml breadcrumbs, dry
- 59.14 ml flour, divided
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml milk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, removed
- 1Use about half the flour to lightly coat the chicken.
- 2Add the remaining flour to the nuts, bread crumbs and 1 Tablespoon oil, mixing well.
- 3Beat the egg and milk together.
- 4Dip each chicken piece into the milk mixture, then completely coat with nut & crumb mixture. Set on a cake rack over a baking pan and chill for 30 minutes.
- 5Set oven to 350F and remove chicken from refrigerator.
- 6Clean any crumbs out of the pan and coat the pan with the remaining olive oil.
- 7Cook the chicken 30 minutes, turning once. Check with a thermometer.
- 8While the chicken is cooking, peel and core the pears.
- 9Mash with the butter and nutmeg until smooth and creamy. (Or use the food processor).
- 10Plate by placing a portion of sauce on the plate, with the chicken on top. Sprinkle with the crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hazelnut Chicken With Pear Sauce & Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.3
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 403.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 21.5 g