Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Prepared caramel ice cream topping is a great item to keep in the pantry for whipping up this gooey dessert.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate square
- Preheat oven to 350*. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. reduce speed to low, add flour and salt, mixing until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of 8 inch square baking pan.
- Pour caramel topping over mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle hazelnuts on top of caramel. Bake bars until edges are golden, 20-25 minutes. Place pan on wire rack.
- Microwave chocolate in small bowl on HIGH just until melted, about 1 minutes. Stir until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over bars. Cool completely. Cut into bars.