Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Buns in My Oven
Make and share this Hazelnut Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (I like Nutella)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces chocolate, baking melts (or chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely.
- Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the hazelnut spread until well combined.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking melts until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean.
- The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked.
- Cool on a wire rack.