Recipe by mommyoffour
We like to include this on our holiday trays. The candied cherries make it look very festive. Its a quick 5 ingredient treat. Cooking time is cooling time.
- 3⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 1⁄2 lbs almond bark, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped candied red cherries
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped candied green cherries
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Place hazelnuts on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 5 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned and skins have loosened.
- Turn hazelnuts onto clean, cloth towel; rub nuts between towel to remove skins.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Meanwhile, line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Place candy coating in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir, continue to microwave in 15 second increments until bark can be stirred smooth.
- Stir in hazelnuts.
- Spread mixture on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle mixture with red and green cherries; press gently into coating.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips; press in gently.
- Cool 20 minutes or until completely cooled.
- Break into pieces.