Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Light and Tasty
Make and share this Hawaiian Turkey Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Warm buns on grill; top each with a burger and pineapple slice.
Yummy, moist and very flavourful! I skipped the red pepper due to my DS not liking them. Peppers would be good in it though. I would make these again! Made for Football Pool. Thanks Brookelynne! :)
Wonderful! Full of Flavor and Moist! Definitely a new favorite for turkey burger!!!! Leaves you feeling healthy but not wanting more, just enough. We paired ours with a pasta salad but really it would go w/anything! love, Love, LOVE IT!!!! =)