- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 sesame hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use); set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onions, red pepper, soy sauce, salt and reserved pineapple juice. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with teriyaki sauce. Grill 4-6 minutes longer on each side or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 165°. Grill pineapple slices for 2 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Warm buns on grill; top each with a burger and pineapple slice.