Recipe by Oolala
This sounds so good to me, with bacon, pineapple, Dijon mustard and macadamia nuts for some of the ingredients. Don't want to lose this from "Soup to Nuts."
Top Review by cookiedog
I made this for a volunteer appreciation hawaiian luncheon. People enjoyed it and thought it to be a nice change from regular potato salad. I used yams instead of sweet potatoes and that worked well. Thank you for the recipe!
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- lettuce leaf, to line serving bowl
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain.
- Crumble bacon.
- Mix the bacon with sweet potatoes and pineapple in a large bowl.
- Combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lime juice and pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Add to sweet potato mixture; mix gently.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon into lettuce lined serving bowl and serve.