Prep 4 hrs
Cook 40 mins
Here is an easy way to tasty Hawaiian Sweet Bread! Bring this to potlucks and folks will ask you for this recipe, without a doubt. :)
- In a large ceramic bowl, combine the cake mix, flour, and yeast.
- Add the room temperature pineapple juice and hot water, mix well, and let rise in the bowl.
- Knead the risen dough slightly.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls (can also be made into hot rolls or cinnamon rolls), and let rise in lightly buttered or oiled loaf pans.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 or 40 minutes for bread loaves (until top is to desired color) or 20 minutes for hot rolls.
- Makes 3 loaves.
Its very sweet but butter helps balance it out when your eating it. I made two loafs and 6 or so rolls if I make again I will just pour all the batter into the two loaf pans to make the loafs bigger. It was a little dry. I had fun making it. Not sure if we will make again undecided. Thanks for a simple recipe!
Loved this recipe!!! Simple, easy, and delicious always gets five stars from me. I made them for Thanksgiving and everyone loved them. Thanks for a great recipe!
So tasty, very sweet with a touch of citrus. I'm a little intimidated by bread but this came out beautifully. Mine was done a tad early. Good with Sweet Potato Puffs #16663, which also has some citrus. Serve with a salad with clementines and some leftover lemon chicken and you have a citrus feast. :)