Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was searching for a copycat of a Hawaiian Strawberry Pie that Bakers Square is currently serving. This is close.
- 6 ounces graham cracker pie crust
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries or 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, if fresh are not available
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix, NOT INSTANT
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, drained and reserve juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Place strawberries in the pie crust, either fresh or frozen, that have been drained. In a medium saucepan combine the dry gelatin pudding and mix. Add enough water to the pineapple juice to make 1 1/2 cups liquid. Add to dry pudding mixture. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Pour hot mixture over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- In a small bowl combine the drained pineapple, coconut extract and Cool Whip. Mix gently to combine. Both layers can be cooled at the same time. Spread the drained pineapple, coconut extract and Cool Whip mixture over the set strawberry filling. Sprinkle flaked coconut over the top.
- Refrigerate at least 5 minutes but no more than 24 hours. Cut into 8 pieces.