Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are wonderful.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup well drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and blend in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Press into bottom of 9" cake pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread with crushed pineapple.
- Beat together all the topping ingredients and spread over crushed pineapple/.
- Return to oven and bake 30 minutes more.
- Cool- cut into squares.
- Store in fridge.
These were good!!!I doubled the recipe and used a 9 by 13 inch pan lined with foil.I find that the foil aids in the clean-up as well as the removal of these very delicate bars. I think what I'm going to do next time though is reduce the sugar content in the coconut topping to 1/2 cup as I find it just a wee bit sweet!!
Thank you ..bert!! for a great recipe which I will be using in the future.... I too reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup and increased the pineapple to 1 1/2 cups ..made everything else as directed delicious!!!....
This recipie was awsome!!I also added a few of my own things.I happened to have some salted Macadamia nuts here and I thought what the heck is just as Hawaiian as pineapple? Macadamaias!!As well as a handful of white chocolate chips and extra pineapple.I also used half a cup of sweetened coconut and half a cup of regular and last but not least,when it entirely cooled down,the finishing touch was a layer of fresh whipped cream! Holy crap was this ever good!! Thanx for the excellent recipie!