Recipe by bert
These are wonderful.
Top Review by Boyz 5
These were good!!!I doubled the recipe and used a 9 by 13 inch pan lined with foil.I find that the foil aids in the clean-up as well as the removal of these very delicate bars. I think what I'm going to do next time though is reduce the sugar content in the coconut topping to 1/2 cup as I find it just a wee bit sweet!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup well drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the 1/2 cup butter and blend in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Press into bottom of 9" cake pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread with crushed pineapple.
- Beat together all the topping ingredients and spread over crushed pineapple/.
- Return to oven and bake 30 minutes more.
- Cool- cut into squares.
- Store in fridge.