Recipe by Leslie O
My family loves these!!
Top Review by Stewie
We made these while on vacation with our extended family--our theme was "Hawaiian appetizers" and they were delicious. They were especially popular with the teens! We served them with other Hawaiian-type appetizers such as fruit with dip, etc. I will make these again!!!!
- 8 bamboo skewers (12 inch)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice, salt, allspice, ginger, and cayenne.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut chicken breast half into 1/2 inch-wide length-wise strips (not cubes!!) Add spice mixture, toss to coat.
- Weave chicken strips onto skewers.
- When ready to grill, oil grill rack.
- Place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4-6 inches from medium coals.
- Cook 7-10 minutes , or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once and brushing frequently with spice mixture.