1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Chicken Delicious
Munchkin Mama's Note:
Well, the title about says it all. This is one of my new favorite recipes because it is fast and easy and doesnt dirty a ton of dishes. Basically, you just make the sauce in a saucepan, pour it over the chicken, and bake. And, it is economical, too. Yum! Note: Dont be afraid scale back the recipe by half as this makes a lot. There is plenty of extra sauce, which I serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 -6 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut into pieces
- cooked rice, for serving
- 1Prepare oven by preheating to 350.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a foil-lined pan (for easy cleanup).
- 3Saute onion in butter in a medium saucepan. Add remaining ingredients to saucepan and cook until thickened.
- 4Baste chicken with sauce.
- 5Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. You may baste again halfway through cooking if desired.
- 6Serve with cooked rice.
- 7This is also great on the grill: Make sauce as above. Grill chicken 6-10" above hot coals, turning and basting with sauce every 15 minutes until done.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Chicken Delicious
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 837.1
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 235.7 mg
- Sodium 842.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 32.2 g
- Protein 54.0 g