Two things that taste great together! This recipe is a great appetizer; you may have all the ingredients in your kitchen right now! It's easy, colorful and tasty!
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Grill or bake chicken breasts, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Time is approximately 20 minutes, depending on breast size.
- Allow to cool, then chop chicken in a very large dice. Set aside. (Chicken may be cooked alongside pineapple, just for longer!).
- Mix pineapple and honey; broil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Drop oven temperature to 375º.
- Roll out crescent dough into rectangle; pinch seams to seal and form an edge.
- Bake crust for 6 minutes; remove.
- Remove 4 cheese wedges from foil and spread on crust, using an offset spatula.
- Top cheese-spread crust with chicken, ham and pineapple.
- Remove foil from remaining cheese wedges and crumble over other ingredients.
- Cook at 375º for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; slice into squares or strips.
We enjoyed everything about this pizza, including the chicken, ham, pineapple & cheese combo! Definitely a sweet tasting pizza & one we thoroughly appreciated! I'm now looking forward to including it as an appetizer at one of my monthly meetings! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed just for the 'halibut'!]
A bit starnge but not overall bad.. I used turkey instead of Ham
I loved the idea of this recipe! The ingredients sound great and like they would make a good combination. I took a star off for the incorrect(?) instructions in Step 4. I guessed that it was supposed to be to BOIL for 10 minutes and remove from STOVE? It tasted really good that way. If I broiled the pineapple and honey, I would have had a bit of a fire! ;) I also talked to one of the hosts about it and she said that she noticed that too, so I think that my assumptions were right? I took off another star because when I did Step 8, the dough ripped apart because the cheese doesn't melt and wouldn't spread. Another star went because I couldn't cut it into 8 pieces as there were an awful lot of "loose" ingredients on top of the dough and we had to use forks and knives to eat it. It wouldn't have worked as an appetizer. Maybe it would work better if there was more pastry and a melting cheese? Like I said, the ingredients were tasty but I would modify it quite a bit if I were to make it again. I'm sorry - I really wanted to love this recipe!