Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have used this recipe since 1992 and it's always been a huge hit, especially among the male population. There's never anything left but a few crumbs on the plate. When I take the bread and dip to a party I always take printed copies of the recipe. The saltiness of the beef, the sweet bread and the creamy dip is a great combination. I like to process the beef as it is easier to get on the bread. I usually make a full recipe plus a half recipe of the dip as the mixture goes fast.
- 2 (2 ounce) packagessliced beef (Kroger's "Country Club" brand or Carl Buddig)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning (Spice Islands brand, find at Kroger or Meijer)
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley (heaping, crumbled)
- 1 loaf king's Hawaiian bread
- Dice or process the beef.
- Add all ingredients together (except the bread).
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving hollow out the bread, reserving the bread pieces.
- Tear bread pieces into bite-sized chunks, placing around bread round.
- Spoon the mixture into bread shell and serve.
- Also, this is really good with celery sticks and other raw veggies.
Just a little info on Beau Monde seasoning--it is a mix of salt, onion powder and ground celery seed and the obligatory anti caking additive. The celery seed is the standout aroma and flavor.