Hawaiian Pizza Dip
- Ready In:
- 1 pineapple, halved through the stem
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, small diced
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 tablespoons sliced scallions, divided
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can pizza dough
- 1 jalapeno pepper, cut into thin rounds
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to broil. Scoop the flesh from the pineapple halves, getting as close to the edge as possible. Discard the tough center and chop the fruit. You should have about 1 1/2 cups chopped pineapple.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onions until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in diced canadian bacon and cook for another 2 minutes. Add chilis, cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and shredded cheddar cheese to the pan. Stir to melt completely. Stir in half of the bacon, 2 tablespoons chopped scallions and 1/2 cup chopped pineapple. Spoon into prepared pineapple halves and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place pineapples on a baking sheet and broil until dip is bubbling and top is golden, about 5-8 minutes. Garnish with 2 tablespoons scallions, remaining chopped pineapple, remaining bacon and jalapeno slices.
- To make pizza chips, heat canola oil in a skillet to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer. Unroll pizza dough and cut into 2-inch pieces or triangles. Working in batches, fry dough until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a towel-lined plate. Serve on the side of dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!