Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb steak (round or chuck cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Drain juice from pineapple into a blender. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, onion, sesame oil and ginger. Blend until sugar is dissolved.
- Place beef and pineapple pieces in a resealable bag. Pour marinade into bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Thread meat and pineapple pieces alternately onto skewers. Grill for about 8 to 10 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
This was big hit at our place last night. my bf doesn't eat a lot of steak just to lazy i think so this will be a good way to get him to eat some meat other than mince. thanks heaps made for PHOTO TAG, Spring 2008 (Cooking Game)