Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
They're delicious beans. What can I say? Perfect for a family outting, or a side dish during dinner time.
- 1⁄2 lb diced bacon
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (17 ounce) can lima beans
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 (4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- Drain beans and mix all ingredients together. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or cook in a crock pot for 7 hours.
We live in Edmonton Alberta and I find it hard to find canned lima beans at times. I found them and made this wonderful recipe . While making the recipe I doubled the pineapple for a little sweeter taste and also added a 18 oz can of Fava beans as weel. This recipe was a great Big Hit with everyone. Thank you for sharing it and WOW what flavor. Erwin S
What a perfectly delicious way to doctor up beans! Highly recommend. Thank you for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.