Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Everything is mixed in one bowl! Cooked cold cubed potatoes can be used in place of hash browns, add in some chopped cooked ham if desired. This complete casserole can be mixed and placed in the refrigerator to bake the following day.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely cubed cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed, to speed things up just place in microwave)
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes cereal (just slightly crushed)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- in a large bowl mix together first 9 ingredients using a wooden spoon until well blended, then season with black pepper to taste.
- Add in the thawed hash browns and mix to combine.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate to bake the next day, top with the cornflake before baking.
- In a small bowl mix the cornflakes with with melted butter then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Made this recupe for our Christmas dinner....YUMMY!! The only thing I did different was I used Mozzarella and Cheddar, personal preference and instead of it cubed, I shredded it. Other than that EXCELLENT!!!!
This is very good. We followed the recipe ingredients except we were having 2 vegetarians for Christmas dinner so we used both cans of cream of mushroom soup. Also we made in 2 pans, one with onions and one w/o onions. This was enjoyed by all. Made for Newest Tag 2007.