1/1 Photo of Hash Browns Potato Casserole
1 hr 10 mins
Everything is mixed in one bowl! Cooked cold cubed potatoes can be used in place of hash browns, add in some chopped cooked ham if desired. This complete casserole can be mixed and placed in the refrigerator to bake the following day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups finely cubed cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed, to speed things up just place in microwave)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups corn flakes cereal (just slightly crushed)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3in a large bowl mix together first 9 ingredients using a wooden spoon until well blended, then season with black pepper to taste.
- 4Add in the thawed hash browns and mix to combine.
- 5Transfer to baking dish.
- 6At this point you can cover and refrigerate to bake the next day, top with the cornflake before baking.
- 7In a small bowl mix the cornflakes with with melted butter then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- 8Bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hash Browns Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 762.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: