Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Warm cheesy potatoes > YUM! This is so wonderful especially with the buttery, crunch of the topping. Always gone in a crowd. Similar to Cracker Barrel but better. Awesome as leftovers if you have any but use the toaster oven to reheat otherwise the topping is soggy.
- 1 (30 ounce) bag southern style hash browns (Ore-Ida country style)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 5 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine everything except the topping (corn flakes and 1/4 cup melted butter).
- Spread potato mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix corn flakes and melted butter.
- Layer corn flakes on top of potatoes.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
This is one of the recipes I chose for Spring PAC 2007. I prepared this for lunch today and it was great. I used cream of mushroom soup tho instead of the cream of chicken. I had company today so the problem with reheating leftovers doesn't apply. ;) Thanks for posting a great recipe.