Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wonderful freshly harvested veggies make a wonderful side salad to add to any meal.
- 3 fresh ears of corn, boiled,kernels removed
- 1 cup finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby spinach leaves (or torn larger leaves)
- 1⁄3 cup seeded red sweet pepper, cut in small bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup seeded yellow sweet pepper, cut in small bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup seeded green sweet pepper, cut in small bite size pieces
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small grated carrot
- 2 -3 thinly sliced radishes
- 3 -4 chopped green onions
- 2 tomatoes, cut in 16 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare and add all the veggies, except the tomatoes, to a large bowl.
- Lightly toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To prepare the dressing, add all the ingredients to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Close the lid tightly and shake well.
- To serve, shake well and add the dressing to the bowl, lightly toss to coat.
- Divide salad into 4 equal portions on salad plates, lined with spinach leaves, place four tomato wedges around edges of each plate.
LOVED the vegetable combination and will be using it again and again (one can only eat so much lettuce before it becomes boring), however, I wasn't wild about the dressing. I don't think the tarragon and the lime complimented one another very well, IMO. Maybe if one was substituted- vinegar for the lime or thyme for the tarragon. Hmmm....
I made this (a version of it) the other night to go with some soup (I adore soup & salad). I had to improvise with canned corn as well as adding 2 cloves of fresh chopped garlic and regretfully I didn't have the tarragon leaves but this was so tasty...I do not usually make a dressing that has any kind of sweet in it...but this was really quite good! Thanks!